Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Southwestern Chicken Breasts from HOT FLASH
BREASTS a la JILL MORGAN STORM,
heroine of HOT FLASH by
4-6 Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts, cleaned and fat removed
1 can Mexicorn
1 bottle of Picante' sauce (Pace Picante'Medium is a good choice) or can of Hot Sauce (Herdez is excellent)
1 package grated Monterrey Jack and Colby Cheese
1 container sour cream
1 package of 90-second microwave Spanish Rice
1 package foil
1. Preheat oven to 350° and tear foil rectangles large enough to hold each breast plus additional toppings.
2. Place each breast, top side up, in middle of foil rectangle.
3. Add 2-3 Tbsp Mexicorn and 2-3 Tbsp of Picante' sauce on top.
4. Seal foil packets and place on baking sheet
5. Bake 50 minutes.
6. Prepare 90-second microwave rice.
7. Carefully remove each breast from foil (the steam will be hot) and place on top of a pile of the rice. Using straining spoon, be sure to scoop up any extra corn and place on top of each breast.
8. Sprinkle cheese on top of each breast and serve with a dollop of sour cream on the side.